Monday, March 17, 2008

Wired Magazine - Jon Stewart


Wired: Let me ask you about the Crossfire thing - not about your critique of that show, but about the reaction to it.

Stewart:
Ben was there, by the way. I remember looking out into the audience and seeing his face and realizing, "I guess this isn't going well."

Karlin:
Well, we had hand signals, and before the show I made the mistake of saying that this [drawing his finger across his throat] meant "Keep on going, great, do the exact same thing." So I was frantically doing this [draws finger across throat fast].

Wired: What was the symbol for stop supposed to be?

Karlin:
[Gives thumbs-up.]

Stewart:
It was a stupid way to do it.

Wired: But the show was a total sensation: Something like 3 million people saw that - but mostly online. Less than a quarter of them saw it on CNN proper. It was huge, phenomenal viral video.

Stewart:
It was definitely viral. I felt nauseous afterward.
Continue Reading...

Also, from Jon Stewart's C-Span appearance in 2004:

Ken Auletta of The New Yorker Magazine: People say Bush is the kind of guy they’d like to have a beer with. You don’t feel that way?

Stewart: You know, I don’t like to drink with people who are... alcoholics. I always find that to be tacky.

No comments: